We’re dreamers. Inventors. Pioneers. Constantly challenging the status quo and creating experiences that humanize technology. Our AI powered Cloud communication platform helps businesses provide better customer experience, enhance CRM capabilities, boost productivity, and scale globally. We are proud to have created the best user experience in the industry and our customers love it. Proudly cash-flow positive, we are funded by our customers, not VCs. Samespace is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with an engineering and support center in Mumbai.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Devops Engineer with deep technical know-how and hands-on experience implementing various practices and tools in the DevOps toolchain. You will be working on design and development of systems that increase reliability, scalability and reduce operational overhead through automation. The ideal candidate is a programmer who has solid knowledge and experience in networking, container technologies, databases and Linux.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage GCP, AWS and our own Global Datacenter Infrastructure
- Build CI/CD pipelines with tools like Ansible and Github actions
- Develop and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis
- Provision high availability, recoverability (backup/restore) and execute DR policy
- Ensure internal and external security & compliance
- Setup and maintain Firewall policies and VPN configurations
- Collaborate with product, support and engineering teams to design, architect and implement seamless integration, testing, delivery and deployment workflow
- Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
- Continuously discover new tools and technologies and stay ahead in the game
- 2+ years experience in DevOps, systems and network administration
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Hands-on knowledge of Cloud Platform like GCP & AWS
- Experience in developing CI/CD pipelines using ansible and github actions etc.
- Proficient in scripting (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Expert-level knowledge and hands-on experience in networking & Linux
- Practical SQL skills and admin experience with Databases, such as MySQL and Mongo
- Hands-on experience with Web load-balancers like Nginx and HAProxy
- High attention to detail with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Practical knowledge of SIP, WebRTC and VoIP
- Configuration and troubleshooting of OpenSIPS, RTPEngine and Freeswitch
- Programming skills—Go, JS, C/C++ etc
- Knowledge of security and encryption technologies like TLS and IPsec
- Degrees are cool but they don’t matter at Samespace
- Currently wherever you feel safe and have a good internet connection. You will get an option to work from our Mumbai/Pune site when the world goes back to normal.
What’s in it for you
- Industry leading compensation+ESOP
- Rare learning & growth opportunity. Our stack has AI and real-time technologies like VoIP & Video built from the ground up by us. This stuff is so unique that it’s super hard to find in one place. And if you have good taste in design then this will be your holiest place
- Ethical and transparent culture
- Proudly self-funded, you will get paid by happy customers, not greedy VCs